As many of you may know, the state of Illinois mandated that many businesses close their doors for a time due to the current COVID-19 situation. We miss seeing all of you beautiful brides in person in our store, however... that doesn’t mean we still can’t work with you and keep your wedding planning moving forward during this crazy time.
"Social Distancing" and mandated "Shelter at Home" is the new norm - just for a while! And during this time, we're offering free virtual appointments (through April 7th) so you can check tasks off your wedding planning list and have a fun video chat with your crew! Let's stay isolated...together!
Virtual Appointments for Bridesmaids, Bridal Accessories & Tuxes/Suits are now available 🎉 We thought we would take a few minutes to give you some tips on how to make the most out of this awesome experience!
(SIDE NOTE: Any brides out there still looking for their dress?! Good news, in-home bridal try-ons coming soon! Check back soon!)
1 - Video Call with your crew!
We will be using the platform Zoom for your Virtual Appointment (VA). It's user friendly and free for you! We will send you a custom link via email or text for your appointment time. All you need to do is download the Zoom app onto your desktop or phone. You do not have to have an existing account or set up a new one in order to join the call.
If you are having your bridesmaids, mother, fiance or great aunt Martha joining you in the VA, all you have to do is share the link with them as well.
More questions about zoom - check out their help page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
2 - Stay Home & Safe!
Using Zoom, you can have your appointment from the comfort of your home! So keep those yoga pants on girl.
Here are a few things to think about when deciding where you will be during your VA.
- Use a computer if possible. Why? Most likely, your computer is going to have a larger screen than your cell phone. The bigger your screen, the easier you can see the details in what we are helping you shop for during your VA.
- Screencast to your TV if you want to use your phone. Just remember to keep your camera on the phone positioned where we can see your beautiful face!
- LIGHT. Take a quick minute to look at the light in your home. If you set up your computer with a big window behind you, we will see your dark silhouette. We’d love to see your face and reactions to options as we present them to you. Try and find a well lit and comfortable area.
3 - How to prepare for your appointment!
- Once you book your appointment online, fill out our quick digital form on the confirmation page! This confirms your appointment & lets us know what you like & don't like! - we want to have some options prepared for you that we know you'll adore.
- Have a pad of paper & a pen nearby to take some notes.
- Don’t forget your glass of wine or have your favorite snack on hand!
- Be ready to have some fun! This will be a fun way to connect with your community of friends and not get behind in your wedding planning timeline!
4 - Don’t worry!
Big breath in......now out. We will get through this crazy time together, we are here for you. Never hesitate to reach out with any questions. We will get through this together!
We look forward to seeing you soon on the other side of this screen soon!
The Adore Squad